YELL SOS Information, Advice and Guidance provides
- Lifespan Plannng ©
This is when an individual explains their issues in context by undertaking our bespoke initial contact question and answer session at their first appointment. The information enables an assessment to be undertaken focused upon eight areas of a person’s day to day experience including:
- Health, disability and physical wellbeing
- Education and learning
- Psychological, psychosocial well being
- Hopes, aspirations and future looking
- Past contextual experiences that may/ may not be impacting on the present
- Present circumstances, opportunities and limitations
- Relationships, family, friends and social interactions, possibilities or difficulties
- Spiritual, ethical, emotional, religious core belief systems
From there the following services are carried out according to individual need meaning an individual may require one or more of these carrying out. Services may include but are not guaranteed or limited to:
- application for housing to associations, connection to private landlords willing to work with individuals of low income, social housing support, homelessness support and communication with local authority housing/homelessness support teams
- benefits application, support with forms, support to communicate with the DWP, HMRC Tax Credits department by letter, telephone, online, face-to-face
- support to speak up on your own behalf, speaking up on your behalf; helping to develop confidence to speak up
- crisis payments/emergency accomodation support
- debt recovery, management, arrangements for repayment, debt write off, agreement making
- support with referral processes for assessment of needs to both statutory and non-stuatutory
- help to get assessment
YELL SOS also provides a counselling service. This offers clients of YELL SOS access to longer term integrative counselling services on approval of their General Practitioner; the service is free for clients, who can donate to YELL SOS should they wish to.
Saturday Group- Get Sorted!
This is our young person’s group for those with Autism. The group self manage, plan and execute their own support throughout the year. Some of their activities are funded by the National Lottery so they are having lots of fun and learning whilst they do. To join call the office and ask John to put you in touch with mj or Alex to get access to meet up for a chat with a view to seeing what the program is all about. You won’t be disappointed Saturday group have lots of fun and laughter whilst making lifelong close important friendships. We look forward to meeting and speaking with you. Call 01723 377343.